Iclod village is situated in the center of Cluj County in the meadow of Somesul Mic, except Orman village
The village is made up of villages Iclod, Fundatura, Livada, Orman and Iclozel.
Administrative territory bordering Iclod:
east - the administrative territory of the city Gherla;
southeast - commune Sic;
south - the municipalities Bontida and Dabaca;
west - the municipalities Cornesti and Aluniļ;
north - the village Dej and Mintiul Gherlii.
The list of historical monuments in the commune Iclod mentions the Ascension wooden Orthodox Church, which dates from 1791.
In Iclod there is also an Ethno-Archaeology Museum which exhibits objects dating from the Neolithic, Chalcolithic and the transition period to the Bronze Age.
Iclod village name, derived from the Slavic word Klad, Kladu, Ucladu, which in Romanian means refuge, rest, customs.
As throughout our country, in the former province of Dacia and Somes Mic Valley, the Daco-Romanian continuity is fully proved by the withdrawal of Roman domination on the basis of archaeological discoveries. Were discovered graves and cemeteries belonging to the Daco-Roman population and Christian objects dating from the IV and V century ann Roman objects from VI century. Linguistics determined that the name derives from the name of the river Somes used in Romanian were Samus (Samus - Somes). On the Somesul Mic Valley has been discovered a Slavic cemetery that proves the existence of a major settlements around the year 800.
With the settlement of the Slavs in this region were created, for this population, increasingly strong conditions for a stable life of farmer and cattle breeders.
In the tenth century, when it increases the process of development of feudal relations in Somes Mic Valley, begins the process of clotting of the first political organizations with feudal biginner character. The organization of voivodeship marked a new era in the history of theRomanian peuple, in its economic, social and political development. Thus, in the valley of Somesul Mic is mentioned the existence of the political formation led by voivode Gelu, from which the territory of present Iclod commune was part, territory that during this period was inhabited by indigenous Romanian population organized in village settlements.
The settlements on the territory of the present commune Iclod are mentioned in documents from the second half of the thirteenth century and the first half of the fourteenth century. In documents from 1241 - 1300 is certified the existence :
Fundatura - year - 1268
Title localities Iclod village, over the years until the final name:
In XII-XIII century the villages were small in size with an average of 20-25 households but in time by the increase in the population and increase in the density at km. square, increased also the population of the village settlements. In the first half of the fourteenth century, the number of households in the village Iclod can be appreciated at 40-45, about 120-130 people. The documents have attested the existence on the territory of commune Iclod of a total of 11 localities from which have survived until today only five localities. 
1) Commune Bontida:
Bonțida BŠnffy Castle is an architectural ensemble built by BŠnffy family in Bontida, Cluj County. The core complex of buildings is Renaissance, further extensions were made in the eighteenth century Baroque, and nineteenth-century romantic style (including neo-Gothic gallery in 1890). The assembly is now in the process of restoration. 
Castle BŠnffy from Rascruci,, commune Bontida, Cluj County, Main Street no. 484, is included in the list of Historical Monuments of Cluj county, prepared by the Ministry of Culture of Romania in 2004 (not to be confused with the other BŠnffy Castlefrom the same commune). The Rascruci Castle was built in the eighteenth century, in eclectic style. 
Mansion Dujardin from Coasta, Cluj county, is on the list of the Historic Monuments of Cluj County, prepared by the Ministry of Culture of Romania in 2010. It was built in the eighteenth century. It has homed a school. Mansion Dujardin is currently in decay. 
2) Commune Jucu:
Kemťny Castle from Jucu de Sus, Cluj County, built in the nineteenth century, is included on the list of the Historical Monuments of Cluj county, prepared by the Ministry of Culture of Romania in 2004. 
3) City Gherla:
Gherla Fortress (Martinuzzi Fortress) was built in 1540 by order of the Bishop of Oradea George Martinuzzi, while chancellor and treasurer at Hungarian royal court. 
4) Commune Borsa:
Borsa Castle, Cluj County, a former BŠnffy family property became, in 1957, Hospital for chronic mental illnesses, and in 2003 entered the patrimony of Cluj County Council. 
5) Commune Dabaca:
Teleki Castle, is located in the town of Luna de Jos, Cluj County. According to the inscription that is stored above the entrance, the castle was inaugurated in 1698. In the castle park, at a distance of 200 m, there is a gothic tower, which was part of a larger whole, today demolished. Between this tower and castle, in the nineteenth century there were two floor buildings in Baroque style. 
D„b‚ca city (also called County Fortress) is a former royal city and residence of county Dabaca. The X-XIV centuries played an important role in the history of Transylvania. The Fortress is in the present Dabaca location in Cluj County. 
Mansion Rhedy of Dabaca, Cluj county, is included on the list of Historical Monuments of Cluj county prepared by the Ministry of Culture and National Patrimony Concil of Romania in 2010. 
In commune Iclod:
Iclod: Ascension Orthodox Church, Wood (dating from 1791)
Ethno-Archaeology Museum, housed in Mansion
In the surroundings:
Bontida: BŠnffy Castle
Rascruci: BŠnffy Castle
Coasta: Dujardin Mansion
Jucu de Sus: Kemeny Castle
Gherla: Fortress Gherla
Borsa: Borsa Castle
Luna de Jos: Teleki Castle
Dabaca: Fortress D„b‚ca
Dabaca: Rhedy Mansion
|Back to Top|
|Back to Top|